Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Jonny is known

By his big brother!! Tonight for some odd reason I asked Joey where Jonny was and he came over and patted my belly!!! He knows the baby's name is Jonny...wonder when he'll say it???

We were out shopping with my mom at Toys R Us and Joey was just loving being out of the cart and playing with things. He shocked me when he came up with some sidewalk chalk and paint (a kit) that he wanted opened (he recognized the chalk) and asked me with his signs for help in opening it!

He's not bursting out with words yet but he is actually being more specific which is great. He loves soda (I know I know, no need to chastise me for it) and he will use the sign for milk but to him it means soda! He does get some soda but I've stopped drinking it at home when he's up, so he can't guilt me into giving him some.

And now he's using help appropriately on his own when he wants help with something. I'm so excited for him and for us! It really helps to know what the kid wants when he tells you or gives you some idea versus the constant whining and crying and pointing (in general never at anything specific) that I was getting prior to this. He's starting to get it finally!

No comments: