Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanksgiving is a bust so far...

On top of everything else that has been going on, you're not going to believe this shit :( I was making some creamy cheesy potato soup (with onion, bacon, veggies etc...) and while I was down here looking for some chicken broth to add some flavor and updating that Joey was home the damn soup burned. Well more than the soup burning, the pan's bottom started melting!! The whole soup was ruined (tasted burned) and I lost the nice stock pot. Well I guess it wasn't so nice if upon my 2nd time using it the darn thing melts away! :(

So then I finish up my green bean casserole and the sweet potato casserole. I cover them and decide to set them outside since my refrigerator is full of turkey soaking right now. It's cold, snowing, nasty outside so perfect....I set them on top of the grill so they're off the ground/deck and about a minute later I hear this huge thud....the sweet potatoes were still a little warm, not hot, but warm enough that they melted the snow on top of the grill and made a nice slippery slid and slid right off onto the deck!!!

The sweet potatoes are ok (unless the Pyrex broke but I would think not, a bag of garbage cushioned the fall) but the green beans were destroyed, the lid doesn't snap on so it flew off and dumped out my casserole. :( luckily I had enough ingredients to make another one. They are now both on the deck....there better be no critters getting into it...I gave them one casserole to eat they better leave the other one to the humans! LOL

I'm going to bed now so I can be well rested when I destroy the turkey in the morning.

No comments: